Odisha Sub-ordinate Staff Selection Commission is going to organize a written examination for Livestock Inspector, Forester, and Forest Guard Posts to be filled under the State Government. The registration process has been completed and a large number of candidates applied for these vacancies. The applicants are waiting for the OSSSC Forest Guard Admit Card which will be released a few days before the examination date.
The commission is planning to conduct OSSSC Forester, Forest Guard Written Examination in February 2024. Candidates can download their call letters for the respective examination through the official site of the commission at www.osssc.gov.in. OSSSC Forest Guard Admit Card will be issued to only those candidates whose application is valid and eligible for the applied post.
www.osssc.gov.in Forest Guard Exam Date 2024
|Odisha Sub-ordinate Staff Selection Commission
|Livestock Inspector, Forester, and Forest Guard
|Total Vacant Seats
|OSSSC Exam Date
|To be Released
Online applications for Odisha Forest Guard Vacancies, were received from 26 October to 20 November 2023. Further, the commission is going to conduct various stages to select the deserving candidates for the mentioned posts. Through this recruitment drive, a total of 2712 Vacant Posts will be filled. Out of the total number of vacancies, 719 seats are released for Livestock Inspector, 1677 seats are for Forest Guard and the remaining 316 posts are for Forester.
Odisha Forest Department Selection Process
The selection of the candidates for OSSSC Forester, Forest Guard, and Livestock Inspector Posts will be done through various recruitment phases as given below.
- Written Examination: In the first stage, candidates have to appear on the given date and examination center to be mentioned on the OSSSC Admit Card, for the written examination.
- Physical Measurements: Those who will qualify for the first stage, must fulfil all physical requirements to be measured in the Physical Measurement Test.
- Physical Efficiency Test: It is compulsory for each applicant to qualify all the physical efficiency tests to be organized by the commission.
- Document Verification: The shortlisted applicants will have to show their original documents and educational certificates at this stage.
- Merit List: At last, the commission will publish a final merit list for the selected candidates.
OSSSC Forest Guard Exam Schedule
The exact date for the written examination is yet to be announced. It is mentioned in the official notification that the examination is tentatively scheduled for February 2024. More information regarding the exam date, time, and address of the center will be mentioned on the OSSSC Forest Guard Admit Card.
Odisha Forest Guard Paper Pattern & Examination Scheme
- It will be an objective-type multiple-choice questions based exam.
- The examination will be divided into 6 sections and each section having 25 MCQs only.
- Each question will carry one mark and the examination will carry a total of 150 marks.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- The level of the questions to be asked will be equivalent to 10th Standard.
- The total duration of the exam is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
|Total Questions/ Marks
OSSSC Forest Guard Admit Card Details
Applicants must note that it is compulsory to carry a hard copy of the OSSSC Forest Guard Admit Card along with an original identity proof while going to the examination hall. Without these essentials, candidates will not be allowed to appear for the examination. Candidates are also advised to download their admit cards in advance and verify the following details.
- Date of Birth
- Gender & Category
- Roll Number
- Passport-size Photograph
- Date and Time of Exam
- Examination Venue
- Important Instructions
How to Download OSSSC Forest Guard Admit Card 2024?
To download the Odisha Forest Guard Admit Card, candidates may directly use the links we have added below or they can also get their call letters through the official webpage by following these steps.
- Navigate to the official portal of the commission at www.osssc.gov.in.
- Click on the login tab given on the homepage.
- Enter the required details and log in to your profile.
- Here you can download the pdf of the OSSSC Forest Guard Admit Card.
- Take a printout of this call letter for further assistance.