The Uttar Pradesh government has launched the Krishak Durghatna Kalyan Yojana to help the rural community financially. This programme is intended to provide financial assistance to farmers and their families in the unfortunate event of an accident that results in death or injury.
The policy includes ways of adjusting the help amount if the farmer is already covered by other government insurance schemes. This confirms that the total support amount sums up to ₹5 lakh. For example, if a family receives ₹2 lahks from another insurance scheme, the state government will pay the remaining ₹3 lakh to make it to a total of ₹5 lahks.
Krishak Durghatna Kalyan Yojana Benefits
The financial support provided by the Krishak Durghatna Kalyan Yojana is a major advantage. The scheme promises to pay up to ₹5 lakh to the family of a farmer who dies or is disabled in an accident. The financial support is meant to reduce the financial burden that may come to the family during these tough times.
If a farmer loses both hands and legs or one hand and one foot, they get ₹5 lakh. If a farmer loses one hand and one leg, they get between ₹2 to 3 lakhs. If a farmer passes away in an accident, their family gets up to ₹5 lakh. If a farmer is hurt a lot but not too much (more than 25% but less than 50%), they get between ₹1 to 2 lakhs. If a farmer loses an eye in an accident, they get up to ₹5 lakh.
Krishak Durghatna Kalyan Yojana Eligibility Criteria
This scheme’s eligibility requirements are basic. The age of the farmer applying should be between 18 and 70 years. After the death of the farmer who has applied for this scheme, his parents, spouse, children, daughter-in-law, and grandchildren will be provided financial support by the government. Besides, landless farmers and those who work in others’ fields and share the harvest are also eligible, making the scheme fairly inclusive.
- A non-resident certificate
- Bank passbook
- Ration card
- Land paper
- Birth certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Nominee identity proof
Krishak Durghatna Kalyan Yojana Application Process
Registering in the Krishak Durghatna Kalyan Yojana is a simple process. Farmers or their family members have two options – an offline application or an online one. For offline applications, a written application describing the incident needs to be submitted to the District Collector through the Tehsil Office. On the other hand, the government is in the process of launching an online portal to enable easy online registrations.
The online method will allow applicants to register and apply without having to visit any government office, making the process hassle-free. An important point to note is the time frame for application submission. All applications need to be filed within 45 days of the incident, although there’s a condition for a 30-day extension, making the total allowable time 75 days.
How to Apply Online Application for Krishak Durghatna Kalyan Yojana?
The beneficiary can follow the steps given below to submit online applications for Krishak Durghatna Kalyan Yojana.
- Go to the official website at esathi.up.gov.in.
- If you’re already registered, enter your LOGIN ID in the section for registered users. If you’re new, click on “new user registration.”
- To register, provide a username, password, and security code. Click the “SUBMIT BUTTON.”
- On the next page, select the “Honorable Chief Minister Farmer Accident Assistance Scheme” in the Agriculture Department’s service section.
- You’ll get the application form for the Honorable Chief Minister Farmer Accident Assistance Scheme.
- Complete the form by providing information like the injured person’s details, the claimant’s address and occupation, and accident information.
- Upload required attachments, such as pictures of the injured body part and scanned copies of necessary documents.
- After attaching all the documents, select the “submit” option.
- You’ll receive a registration number on your mobile phone.
- You can use this registration number to check your application’s status.
- If your application is properly completed, you’ll become a beneficiary of the scheme.
Official Website of Krishak Durghatna Kalyan Yojana: esathi.up.gov.in