The Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme is an innovative program started by the Tamil Nadu Government to inspire and empower women in the state. The Scheme was launched on 15 September 2023 in Kancheepuram on the occasion of the birth anniversary of the late C N Annadurai.
The main objective of this scheme is to provide financial support to the women of the state by encouraging their empowerment and improving their living standards. Through a transparent application and reapplication process, the scheme aims to make good progress in gender equality and poverty reduction. The program has already shown a positive impact, as evidenced by the improved living conditions and increased financial independence of women in Tamil Nadu.
KMUT Scheme Benefits
- The main goal of the Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme is to make women stronger by providing them financial help. The state government believes that for the development of the state, it is necessary that women of the state should be stronger. The scheme wants to make sure women have enough money to pay for their everyday needs and contribute to family needs.
- This scheme is a step towards helping poor people in Tamil Nadu. The government is trying to make life better for families who don’t have much money. The extra money they get can be used for things like education and healthcare. This can help break the poverty cycle.
- One good thing about this scheme is that the money goes straight into the bank accounts of the women who are supposed to get it. This makes sure everything is clear and the right people will get benefits on time. The head woman of the family gets ₹1,000 every month in her bank account.
- To make it easy for women to get their money, the government also gives them ATM cards. This helps them to withdraw money easily.
Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme Eligibility Criteria
Here are the eligibility criteria for the KMUT Scheme:
1. Any woman or transgender living in Tamil Nadu who is 21 years or older can apply.
2. Unmarried women and widows who are the head of their households can also apply.
3. The yearly income of the applicant’s family must be less than Rs.2.5 lakh.
4. The family should not own more than 10 acres of dry land or five acres of wetland, have a car or four-wheeler, and should use less than 3,600 units of electricity per year.
5. Wives of government employees, bank employees, PSU employees, income taxpayers, pensioners, and elected representatives of local bodies are not eligible.
How to Apply Online for the KMUT Scheme?
The registration process of the KMUT Scheme is very simple. We have provided detailed instructions about the application process, you can follow these steps to Apply for the KMUT Scheme.
- Go to the official KMUT website at kmut.tn.gov.in.
- Click the ‘Login’ button on the main page and type in your user ID and password.
- Click on the application form for the 1000 Rupee Scheme/Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thogai Application Form.
- Fill in the required information on the form, attach the necessary documents, and click ‘Submit.’
- Print a copy of the application form for later.
For people who can’t use the internet, the government has provided an option for offline applications for such people. Women can go to nearby ration shops to get a form. They need to fill it out and attach the papers they need. Then, they can give the form to the ration shop. The shop will send the form to the right government office.
To apply for the Tamil Nadu 1000 Rupees Scheme, you will need to provide some documents-
- Aadhaar card
- Mobile number
- Bank account details
- Income certificate
- Ration card
- Family details
- Tamil Nadu domicile certificate
- Death certificate of your husband if you’re a widow.
How to Check KMUT Scheme Status?
After submitting the application form the beneficiary can check their application status online. Follow the following steps to submit your application online-
- Go to the official KMUT website.
- On the homepage, click on the link to check your application status.
- Enter your Application ID, name, and date of birth.
- Click the ‘Get Status’ button.
- The status of your application will be shown on the screen.
How to Reapply for Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme?
If you didn’t receive the money, it means your application was rejected. The government will send you an SMS explaining why the form was rejected. You can appeal within 30 days from the date you received the SMS at an e-sevai center.
The reapplication started on September 19, 2023. The Commissioners will review all rejected and new applications. After a successful reapplication, you’ll receive Rs. 1,000 in your bank account.
Official Website of KMUT: kmut.tn.gov.in