Mukhyamantri Chiranjeevi Swasthya Bima Yojana (MCSBY) is a health insurance scheme introduced by the government of Rajasthan, India, with the objective of providing universal health coverage to the residents of the state.
The initiative came into effect on May 1, 2021, following an announcement in the budget for the fiscal year 2021–22. The scheme was inaugurated by the Chief Minister of Rajasthan, Mr Ashok Gehlot, and aims to improve healthcare services, especially for the financially weaker sections of society by providing free-of-charge services to the eligible ones, thus providing better healthcare services.
Who is Eligible for MCSBY?
There are various sections that are eligible for the Mukhyamantri Chiranjeevi Swasthya Bima Yojana. All Economically Weaker Section (EWS) families are eligible to be given the benefit of the Chiranjeevi Yojana free of charge.
Category receiving free benefits
For these families, the government pays the total amount of insurance coverage.
- Families who are eligible under the Food Security Act or Socio-Economic Census (SECC) 2011
- Contract workers who work in state government departments, boards, corporations, or government companies.
- Small marginal farmers and those who received COVID-19 ex-gratia the previous year
- Destitute and helpless families are also included in the free category.
People who will be paying ₹850 per year
The families who do not fall under the free eligibility category and are not getting benefits under the Medical Attendance Rules can avail of this scheme’s benefits by paying 50% of the fixed premium, which is equal to Rs. 850 per family per year, with the government paying the remaining 50% of the premium.
Mukhyamantri Chiranjeevi Swasthya Bima Yojana Benefits
Under this scheme, eligible families in Rajasthan can get cashless treatment facilities up to Rs. 25,00,000. It covers more than 1,576 medical procedures and benefits, thus providing a broad range of healthcare services and helping vulnerable sections of society that may not be financially independent.
How to apply for the Mukhyamantri Chiranjeevi Swasthya Bima Yojana?
- Eligible families under the Food Security Act and the Socio-Economic Census 2011 do not require registration as they have already benefited from this scheme.
- For other beneficiaries, go to the official website at Chiranjeevi.
- If you don’t have an SSO (Single Sign-On) ID, create one or log in if you already have one.
- Fill in all the details asked for on the registration form.
- Upload the required documents, like the Jan Aadhar Card or Jan Aadhar number, and the Aadhar card number.
- If you fall into the category of beneficiaries who need to pay a premium, make the payment of Rs. 850 per family per year online.
- After filling in the details and making the payment, submit the form.
- Then you will receive a message stating your successful registration.
Step to Apply through E Mitra Kendra
- Go to a nearby E Mitra Kendra, which is a service centre providing various government-related services.
- Carry and provide necessary documents, such as your Jan Aadhar Card, Jan Aadhar number, and Aadhar card number.
- Fill out the application form for MCSBY there.
- If you are from the category that needs to pay the premium, then make a payment of ₹850 per family per year.
- After filling out the form and paying the premium, submit the form at the E Mitra Kendra and collect a receipt for the same.
- Once the registration is successful, you can print the policy document.
How to check my beneficiary status?
After submitting the application form for this scheme, it will be reviewed by the concerned authorities. Once analysed, a status link will be activated in the applicant’s dashboard, through which they can check at which stage of the process they are at. They will be notified in case the application gets rejected.