The Consortium of National Law Universities (CNLUs) is going to conduct the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT), a centralized national-level entrance exam, for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate law programs. It is considered one of the most prestigious and competitive law entrance exams in the country.
NLU has declared the CLAT Exam Date 2023 on its official website. CLAT Examination for this year is going to be scheduled in the month of December 2023 for which the CLAT Admit Card will be released by the third week of November 2023. The candidates can visit the official portal to grab the hall tickets.
In order to Download CLAT Admit Card 2023 for the entrance test, the applicants have to enter their registration and password details. So it is highly advisable to keep your registration details handy while downloading the hall tickets.
consortiumofnlus.ac.in Exam 2023
|Organizer||Consortium of National Law Universities|
|Name of Exam||CLAT 2024|
|CLAT Exam Date||03 December 2023|
|CLAT Admit Card Status||21 November 2023|
The Consortium of National Law Universities has issued the CLAT Notification 2023-24 in the month of July 2023. The registration process for the same was started on 01 July and completed by 10 November 2023. Numerous candidates have applied for this examination and now waiting for the CLAT Exam Date and Admit Card.
CLAT 2023 Exam Date
The Common Law Admission Test Exam Date is declared now. The NLUs will conduct the CLAT Exam on 03 December 2023. CLAT Admit Card for the Admission Test will be released on 21 November onwards through the official website. A direct link to download the CLAT Admit Card will also be updated on this page after the release of hall tickets.
Based on the CLAT scores, candidates are shortlisted for counselling and seat allocation. The counselling process involves preference-based seat allocation, where candidates are allotted seats in National Law Universities and participating law colleges based on their rank and preferences.
CLAT Exam Pattern
CLAT Examination for both UG & PG courses will be conducted for 120 marks. Each right question will be awarded 1 mark while there will be a negative marking of 0.25 mark for each wrong answer opted by the participants.
The CLAT exam is conducted in offline mode, in a pen-paper format. It is a two-hour exam consisting of 120 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) divided into five sections:
- English Language: This section tests the candidate’s comprehension, vocabulary, grammar, and usage of the English language.
- Current Affairs & General Knowledge: In this section questions from current events, national and international affairs, and general knowledge will be asked.
- Legal Reasoning: This section tests the candidate’s ability to understand and analyze legal principles, apply legal reasoning to solve legal problems, and identify relevant legal facts and issues.
- Logical Reasoning: This section contains questions about identifying patterns, solving analogies, and drawing logical inferences.
- Quantitative Techniques: This section tests the candidate’s basic arithmetic skills, data interpretation, and problem-solving abilities in quantitative areas.
|Subjects||Approximate number of questions|
|English Language||22 – 26 questions, or roughly 20% of the paper|
|Current Affairs, including General Knowledge||28 -32 questions, or roughly 25% of the paper|
|Legal Reasoning||28 – 32 questions, or roughly 25% of the paper|
|Logical Reasoning||22 -26 questions, or roughly 20% of the paper|
|Quantitative Techniques||10 -14 questions, or roughly 10% of the paper|
In the PG Exam all 120 questions will be asked from the following sections-
- Constitutional Law
- Other areas of law such as Jurisprudence, Administrative Law, Law of Contract, Torts, Family Law, Criminal Law, Property Law, Company Law, Public International Law, Tax Law, Environmental Law, and Labour & Industrial Law.
CLAT Admit Card Details
CLAT Admit Card is a mandatory document that all candidates must carry to the exam centre on the exam day. It contains important information about the candidate and the exam, such as:
- Candidate’s name, roll number, and registration number
- Candidate’s photograph and signature
- Exam centre address and timings
- Exam date and time
- Exam instructions
How to Download CLAT Admit Card 2023?
Candidates can download their CLAT Admit Cards from the official website of the Consortium of National Law Universities (CNLUs) by using their registered mobile number and password. They can follow the steps given below.
- Open the official website which is consortiumofnlus.ac.in.
- Then on the home page find the link to CLAT Admit Card.
- Open this link and enter your login details.
- Submit it and download the CLAT Admit Card.
- Take a printout of it.
CLAT Admit Card 2023: Download Here