The Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) – Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a skill certification component created to help Indian youth obtain industry-relevant skill certification, which in turn helps them secure better livelihood opportunities.
This component specifically targets individuals with prior learning experiences or skills, allowing them to register, get assessed, and be certified under the RPL of The Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana. The project aims to match India’s unregulated workforce’s competencies with the National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF).
Recognition of Prior Learning projects are implemented in three different types by designated Project Implementing Agencies (PIAs) such as Sector Skill Councils (SSCs) or other agencies designated by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE)/National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC): RPL Camps, RPL on the Worksite, and RPL Centres.
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant should be aged between 18 and 45 years.
- Prior learning experience or skills are the primary eligibility criteria for RPL. Individuals with prior knowledge or skills in a specific area can register for assessment and certification through the PMKVY RPL component.
- Has an Aadhaar card and a bank account linked to the Aadhaar.
- Meets other work experience-related criteria set by the Sector Skill Councils for the respective job roles.
- If the target individuals are older than the age range specified in point 1, the Project Implementing Agency (PIA) needs to obtain approval during the sanction from the PMKVY 3.0 Executive Committee or the State-level Empowered Committee.
Benefits of PMKVY
- Every individual who passes the exam will receive a reward of Rs. 500/- as a token of encouragement.
- Each person who gets certified will be covered with a 3-year accidental insurance worth Rs. 2 lakh.
- Under this scheme, the government pays all training and evaluation fees, reducing the financial load on people seeking certification.
- RPL Kit: Five different RPL projects are introduced in PMKVY 3.0.
- RPL Type 1 (Camps) – Conducted in areas where workers of a specific sector are grouped together, like industrial or traditional skill clusters.
- RPL Type 2 (Employer Premises) – Takes place at the employer’s location, meant for industrial workers.
- RPL Type 3 (RPL by Demand) – Conducted at specified Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra (PMKK)/ PMKVY centres, open to individual or District Skill Committees (DSCs) requests for a specific job role.
- RPL Type 4 (RPL with Best-in-Class Employers (BICE)-Large Corporations / Industry and Medium Scale Enterprises) – Tailored for top-tier employers in both large and medium enterprises as per Sector Skill Councils (SSCs) guidelines. This type solely involves an assessment, with no orientation module.
- RPL Type 5 (Online RPL) – Available to all individuals keen on taking an online exam for certification. This is applicable to particular job roles where both theoretical and practical assessments can be conducted online.
For RPL Types 1, 2, and 3, a designated RPL Kit will be provided by the Project Implementing Agency (PIA), containing:
- 01 Standard PMKVY T-shirt (For males)/Jacket or T-shirt (For females and Transgender). Females and transgender individuals have the option to choose between a T-shirt or a Jacket.
- 01 Standard PMKVY Cap.
- Study materials relevant to the job role.
- Optional job role-related items like tools or other useful workplace items.
How to apply for Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana?
PMKVY 3.0 has a new way of doing Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) where you can go to the Demand Aggregation Portal (DAP) and sign up to be checked for jobs already listed there.
- This new approach allows for online assessments that are monitored remotely, without the need for the candidate and the assessor to be physically present.
- Known as Remotely Proctored Online Assessments (RPOA), this online examination procedure is supervised from a distance through a video link, with the help of artificial intelligence.
- In this RPL model, aspiring candidates can register on the PMKVY Demand Aggregation Portal (DAP) and choose a job role, given that it’s available for online certification by the Sector Skill Councils (SSCs).
- This opportunity is open to unemployed individuals of eligible age group, who have at least a year’s experience in the job role they wish to be evaluated and certified for through DAP.
Official Website- skillindiadigital.gov.in