The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-Kisan) Scheme is an initiative by the Government of India to increase the income of small and marginal farmers. The scheme provides income support to eligible farmer families across the country to enable them to take care of expenses related to agriculture and related activities, as well as domestic expenses.
Under this scheme, the Central Government sends a yearly amount of ₹6,000 directly into the bank accounts of eligible farmers via online transactions under the Direct Benefit Transfer mode, with some exclusions.
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Eligibility Criteria
The scheme is mainly for small and marginal farmers who own cultivable agricultural land up to 2 hectares per land record in their respective state or UT. Farmers from any Indian state can receive help from this scheme, whose range was limited earlier. The scheme includes many beneficiaries, including family members (husband, wife, and minor children).
Who is not Eligible for PM Kisan Yojana?
- All institutional landholders are excluded from this scheme.
- Former and present holders of constitutional posts
- Former/ present Ministers and State Ministers, former and present MPs and MLAs, and former/ present mayors of municipal corporations
- All serving or retired officers and employees of the Central or State Government and its field units (Central or State PSEs) and attached offices or autonomous institutions under the government, as well as regular employees of the local bodies (excluding multi-tasking staff, Class IV/Group D employees),
- All retired people whose monthly pension is ₹10,000 or more
- All people who paid income tax in the last evaluation year
- Professionals like doctors, engineers, lawyers, chartered accountants, and architects
PM Kisan Scheme Benefits
The scheme gives ₹6,000 every year to farmer families who own land. This money is given in three parts, ₹2,000 every four months, to help them with their farming needs. By providing this money, the scheme aims to help farmers buy things they need for farming, like seeds and fertilisers, which can help them grow more crops and earn more income. The Government of India pays for this scheme entirely, ensuring that the farmers get the support they need.
How to apply for PM Kisan Samman Nidhi?
- Go to the official PM Kisan website at pmkisan.gov.in/.
- Once on the homepage, scroll down to find the section named ‘Farmers Corner’.
- Click on the ‘New Farmer Registration’ tab under the ‘Farmers Corner’ section.
- You will be directed to a new page.
- Then, you’ll be asked to enter your Aadhaar number with a captcha code for security verification.
- Once you’ve entered your Aadhaar number and completed the security verification, you’ll be taken to the registration form.
- Fill in all the required information, like personal details, bank account information, and landholding details, in the registration form.
- After filling out the form, check out the information once again to prevent entering incorrect details.
- After successful submission, you’ll receive an application number.
- It’s important to note down this number, as it will be used to track the status of your application.
- After successful registration, check your email or phone for a confirmation message from the PM Kisan Scheme authorities.
- That message will give you more information about the next steps.
- Aadhaar Card (mandatory)
- Citizenship Certificate
- Landholding papers
- Bank account details
How to check PM Kisan Yojana Beneficiary Status?
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana’s beneficiary status is available online on the official portal. The beneficiaries can follow the following steps to check status online.
- Visit the official PM Kisan website.
- Under ‘Farmers Corner’, click on ‘Beneficiary Status’.
- Enter the Aadhaar number, account number, or mobile number with the Captcha code.
- Click on the ‘Get Status’ tab to view the beneficiary status.
PM Kisan Yojana Next Installment Date
Total 14 installment of PM Kisan Yojana have been transferred to the farmer’s account. Now the beneficiaries are waiting for PM Kisan Yojana’s 15th Installment Date. As per sources, the, 15 installment will be transferred to the farmer’s account next month.
PM Kisan Yojana Official Website: pmkisan.gov.in