An official notification for the Combined Defence Services Examination 2024 has been published by the Union Public Service Commission. Online applications are invited from eligible candidates through the official site of the commission at upsc.gov.in. Candidates must check all the details mentioned in the UPSC CDS I 2024 Notification before applying.
The online application process for UPSC CDS I Examination 2024 started on 20 December 2023. The application forms will be received by the commission up to 09 January 2024. Eligible candidates can fill out and submit their applications between these dates. We have added a direct link to access the UPSC CDS Application Form.
UPSC CDS Examination is a golden opportunity for those who aspire to join institutions like the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Indian Air Force Academy, and Officers Training Academy in India. The selected applicants will undergo training at these institutions and will be appointed as officers in the Indian Defence Forces.
upsc.gov.in CDS 2024 Notification Out
|Union Public Service Commission
|Combined Defence Services Examination 2024
|Total Number of Vacancies
|Mode of Application
|Last Date to Apply
|09 January 2024
Candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible to avoid last minute rush. Here we have added all the necessary information regarding the application process, eligibility conditions, and the selection process. Applicants must have a look at the details we have mentioned below.
Educational Requirements for the CDS Examination
- For Indian Military Academy and Officer Training Academy: Candidates should possess a graduation degree in any subject from a recognized university/ institution.
- For Indian Naval Academy: Applicants should have completed their Bachelor’s in Engineering from a recognized university or institution.
- For Air Force Academy: Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in any discipline. Additionally, candidates must have studied Physics and Mathematics at the 10+2 level or possess a Degree in Bachelor of Engineering.
UPSC CDS I 2024 Age Limit
- The age of the candidates must not be less than 20 years and not more than 24 years as of 01 January 2025. The applicants must not born earlier than 02 January 2001 and not later than 01 January 2005 to apply for the IMA, INA, or IAFA.
- For the Officer Training Academy, the applicants must not born earlier than 02 January 2000 and not later than 01 January 2006. Those who lie within this age limit are eligible to apply for OTA.
Combined Defence Services Examination Application Fee
Excepting Female/ SC/ ST candidates who are exempted from the payment of examination fee, all other applicants have to pay an application fee to submit their application forms for the UPSC CDS I 2024 Examination. Candidates are required to pay an application fee of ₹200/- by using an online mode of payment or they can also “Pay By Cash”. The last date for payment of the examination fee through online mode is 09 January 2024 and to pay by cash, the last date is 08 January 2024.
UPSC CDS I 2024 Important Dates
|Official Notification Released
|20 December 2023
|Application Window Opened On
|20 December 2023
|Last Date for Submission of Application Forms
|09 January 2024
|Modification in Application Form
|10 January to 16 January 2024
|UPSC CDS I 2024 Exam Date
|21 April 2024
Combined Defence Services Selection Process
The selection of the candidates will be done through the following recruitment stages.
- Written Examination
- SSB Interview
- Medical Examination
- Final Merit List
In the first stage, applicants have to qualify for the written exam. The qualified candidates will be shortlisted for the interview to be taken by the Service Selection Board. Those who will clear both stages will undergo a complete medical examination. Only those candidates will be selected whose name and roll number appear in the merit list.
How to Apply for the UPSC CDS I 2024 Examination?
Candidates must follow the steps we have discussed below to fill out and submit their application forms for the UPSC Combined Defence Services Examination 2024.
- Go to the official site of the commission at upsc.gov.in
- Complete your “One Time Registration For Examinations“.
- Now log in to your account using your OTR ID and Password.
- Proceed to fill out the application form for the UPSC CDS I 2024 Examination.
- Upload all the required documents and pay the application fee as applicable.
- Finally, submit your application form and take a printout of the same for further assistance.
|CDS I 2024 Official Notification
|UPSC CDS I Application Form