The Karnataka government has started the registration for the Gruha Lakshmi scheme. This program helps women in Karnataka who are the heads of their households. They will receive ₹2,000 each month as financial support.
This scheme was a promise made by the new Congress government in the state during the election. It’s meant to help women and make their lives better. The Chief Minister of Karnataka, Siddaramaiah, had begun the registration process on 19 July at Vidhana Soudha.
Karnataka Gruha Lakshmi Scheme was launched with the motive to provide financial help to the women of the state. A financial aid of ₹2000 per month will be provided to the head woman of the house. Under this scheme, a total of ₹24000/- will be credited to the beneficiary account every year. All the headwomen of the state are eligible for this scheme without any limitation on the basis of religion.
Karnataka Gruha Lakhi Scheme
The goal of the Gruha Lakshmi Yojana is to help women and make their lives better. It wants to give power to housewives, women without land, and women who work in agriculture by giving them money directly through a method called Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT). The Scheme amount will be distributed from 16 August and this money will be directly credited to the bank accounts of the women who are supposed to get it.
Gruha Lakshmi Scheme eligibility
Only the women who fulfil the eligibility criteria given below will get the benefits of the Karnataka Gruha Lakshmi Scheme-
- This program is for women in specific categories: Antyodaya, BPL, and APL families.
- To qualify for this program, a woman must be identified as the head of her family in the ration cards issued by the Government in these categories.
- Women can change their ration cards to become the head of the family and be eligible for this scheme.
- Only one woman in a family can receive the benefits of this scheme.
- Women who work for the government cannot get these benefits.
- Women who pay taxes are also not eligible for this program.
- If a woman’s husband pays income tax or files GST returns, she won’t be able to receive the benefits of this scheme.
- Aadhaar card
- Ration card
- Aadhaar card of the husband
- Mobile number
- Bank account details
How to Apply Online for Karnataka Gruha Lakshmi Scheme?
The process of application submission for the Karnataka Gruha Lakshmi Scheme will be completed in both online and offline mode. Here are the steps to register for the Gruha Lakshmi Scheme:
- Go to the Seva Sindhu Guarantee Schemes website.
- Then on the home page find the ‘Gruha Lakshmi Yojana’ option and click on it.
- Now click on the link that appears in a little box on the screen.
- Fill in all the information they ask for about the scheme and upload your documents.
- After you’re done, press the submit button. Remember to write down the application form number in case you need it later.
Step to Apply Offline Applications for the Gruha Lakshmi Scheme
Women can apply offline applications at certain offices like Grama One, Bangalore One or Karnataka One office, Bapuji Seva Kendras and Nada Kacheris. If you’re eligible, visit these offices and ask for the Gruha Lakshmi Scheme application form. Fill it out and submit it along with the necessary documents. Officials will come to your door to register your details. You can check if you’re on the beneficiary list on the Seva Sindhu Guarantee Schemes Portal.
How to Check Karnataka Gruha Lakshmi Scheme Status?
After signing up for the Gruha Lakshmi Scheme, she can check her application status on the Seva Sindhu Guarantee Schemes Portal. Follow the simple steps given below to check Karnataka Gruha Lakshmi Scheme-
- Open the official website of Seva Sindhu.
- Then go to the Gruha Lakshmi Scheme option.
- Now you will see an option to check application status.
- Select the Department, Service and enter your application ID.
- Then click on submit and check your status.
Official website of Seva Sindhu: sevasindhugs.karnataka.gov.in